Saturday, August 1, 2009

Well... This is it. Sort of.

Okay, the thing is, I KNOW I'm going to forget to post something tomorrow, which is why I'm doing one now. This will likely be my last update until I'm in North Carolina, and I definitely did not want to leave you all hanging!

So... How do I feel? Excited. Nervous. Sad. Optimistic. Very very humble. Everyone I've run into the last few days has been super supportive and happy for me. Where did I earn this kind of respect? Honestly -- I love that you all are excited for me and want the best for me, but reminding me of the awesome people I'm leaving behind here isn't making the departure any easier!

I'm trying not to be sad. I'm trying not to think about how I will miss my family and friends so, so much! I'm fighting the urge to NOT WANT to GO! Instead I remind myself of what a huge opportunity this is for me, and continue to list the reasons of why this whole experience will be GOOD FOR ME.

Really. I'll be okay. I'm not going to Kathmandu. I won't have to fight violence, poverty or overpopulation. I can do this. I will survive, and hopefully, become a stronger person for it.

So. There it is. Last one -- for now. I don't know when the next post will come. It all depends on how fast I establish an internet account down there. Don't worry if it takes a few days, or more than that. I'm not lying in a ditch somewhere. I've got people who will make sure I find my way around. :o)

Love to all.

P.S. I've now enabled it so anyone can leave a comment on this blog. No account required. Now you have no excuse. Heh.

2 comments:

steph said...

well, if you insist!

i have already told you that i am excited because you are now going to be thousands of miles closer to me and i think that makes me a winner in this situation! and i also think i have told you that i respect you so much for what you are doing-doing what your mind and heart is telling you to do, and taking that grand leap. i have always said that i wanted to move south after i graduated and do you see me living in south carolina? but you are doing it (x100) and i think that's fabulouS!

safe travels! i can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I, for one, am SO proud of you and absolutely THRILLED you're moving my way! Once you get settled, you have to contact me so we can make plans to meet up! I'd love to try to before the craziness of school sets in. It's always a big, scary decision to strike out on your own, but I did it... and not only survived, but have absolutely no regrets! BEST of luck with the move and gettin' acquainted with the South. :) Talk, I mean... SEE you very soon!!! :)

I can't get this silly name thing to work!! So I'm "anon," I guess... but it's really me, Barabear!! Der.