Sunday, January 3, 2010

On the plus side... it is a little warmer...

Finally arrived back at my place last night just a little after 1 am. I stopped at Walmart to pick up some groceries (open 24 hours) because I didn't want to have to go back to reality in the morning. I didn't sleep very well after that.

I think that leaving yesterday was harder to do than in August. I can't really explain why. I suppose it was because it felt so nice to be surrounded with people I love and enjoy after not having that for so long. The old saying "You don't know what you've got, till it's gone" has never felt more true for me. Thanks to those of you who helped make my visit so special. I know where my HOME is. :o)

On my flight from Minneapolis to Raleigh I sat next to a soldier from Fort Bragg. He was returning from Christmas with his family and was preparing for his next deployment to Afghanistan. It was really interesting to talk to him. We didn't talk a lot about the war because we were sitting around kids, but he did tell me a few stories that were quite heroic. The sacrifices these men and women make for their country! He says he'll be out east for most of the year, so I'm sending an extra safe new year's wish for him.

I'm probably going to spend most of today trying to deny the fact that I have to return to work tomorrow. It will be hard going back into that crowd tomorrow as I remember what I miss most about where I was just a day ago. There are a few things to look forward to in the coming weeks though, so I'm trying to make that be my motivation to push ahead.

Enjoy your week everyone!

No comments: