Friday, January 8, 2010

Let it snow... or not.

So, pretty much the whole continent has plunged into some sort of deep freeze, this region included. I mean, it's colder than normal... apparently... How am I supposed to know? Anyways...

They'd been predicting snow for Thursday night - Friday morning all week... nothing much (about an inch), but enough to get some excitement going. And so the school district announced on Thursday afternoon that they'd be imposing a 2-hour delayed start to school on Friday. Yay! A delayed start meant I could get at least an hour more of sleep!

I'd fallen asleep on the sofa, and dragged myself up to bed around 10:30... only to come back downstairs an hour later because the couch was comfier than my bed... Tried to silence the voices in my head that were telling me "don't over sleep!" and "the kids will be bonkers tomorrow because of all the snow!"... I heard the rain start and thought "well, this is it!"... I drifted in and out of sleep for several hours, all bundled in my comforter...

At 6:30 AM, I rubbed my eyes and turned on the TV to check in on the "storm"... and was greeted by a pair of perky newscasters who were laughing and saying "where's the snow?" Yup. NO SNOW. Just rain, which had since drifted north, and a rather warm start to the morning, when compared to the rest of the week.

So we had a lie-in, no snow... a shorter school day... all on a Friday. Can this happen every week? It was, for me... Quite amusing.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments: