Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Is that a bag of fertilizer you're carrying?

So the snow/sleet/freezing rain mixture that we got on Saturday was enough to close school on Monday, and impose a two-hour delay today. Not that I'm really complaining... though I probably will on Feb 15th when we have to make up that missed school day!

I had about 1/4 inch of ice on my car to chip off Sunday morning. The sun came out, but my car sits mostly in the shade and didn't have much help to melt the ice. Luckily, I still had my snow brush packed in my trunk, but it still took 20 minutes to clear my windows! I had every intention of going to church that morning... But there was literally no life at the building when I drove up 15 minutes before the service! I guess in NC, when winter comes, everything really does shut down. ;o)

Depsite school being cancelled yesterday, I went into work anyway. It's great how much work you can get done on those bonus workdays! And it's a treat to have the freedom to go out for lunch, too!

They are expecting another "wintery-mix" system to pass through by the end of the week, though it's not supposed to be as extensive as the first. Folks around here are complaining about winter -- they're ready for spring. Me too, though this is nothing compared to what I'm used to back home!

So my new "obsession" in the last few days is Farmville on Facebook. You non-FB people likely haven't a clue about the application, but basically you get to create your own virtual farm to tend. I managed to "just say no" for several months, but the other day (in a fit of boredom, perhaps?) I caved, and well... I never thought that harvesting and plowing would become priorities of mine! Oh well, I suppose that there are worse things that I could be doing with my time... (if you can think of any, let me know!)

<3 Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: