Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40 days and 40 nights...

I know I kind of left you all hanging there a few days ago... but I'm hoping that the pictures made up for it!

I had a very good weekend with my best pals from home. I'm so lucky that they took the time out to come and visit... and I wish that I had been in better spirits for the weekend. A long week getting ready and anticipating their arrival, the excitement of having them around again, and the melancholy I felt as the days wore on and the visit came to an end. I know that they were enthralled with everything they saw and did (and ate!), and I love them dearly... I just would have enjoyed it more if I'd felt like I was on vacation too. But I wasn't, and I didn't.

Things are work are... chaotic? I feel the pressure of having one semester under my belt and trying to live up to (my) expectations and not revisit the same frustrations. It works most of the time, but it's taking much more out of me. I am grateful for the opportunity, the faith and confidence that others have in me to trust me with such a demanding job. I hope that it's all been worth it, because otherwise I feel about ten years older for nothing!

I am seriously considering my options for the future... next year, more specifically. I realize that I have to hurry up and make a decision -- the best one for me, so that I can just go ahead and relax. It'll come... soon. There's only 4 months left in the school year.

I love you all and I thank you for continuing to read my musings.

No comments: