Thursday, October 29, 2009

Seven...

I know. I've been slacking on the posts lately. I've been working long hours... sun up to sun down. Or rather... before sun up to after sun down. Either way, with those kinds of days, I haven't had much energy or motivation for my loved ones and/or adoring fans.

The Homecoming game last Friday was good. We won. I KNOW! It blew us away, too! I mean... a team with a losing season (only one win in the regular) wins their first home game... On Homecoming... It should have been a movie!

I took pictures! The Dark Horses are in black, so they don't stand out as well as the visiting team. Bummer. But you're educated people, and I'm sure you can make out what's going on in these pictures without much commentary...

Dark Horses vs. Richlands Wild Cats.



The score at the end of the first quarter.And because I think they are fantastic... The band (again).

Sorry there aren't more... I kind of got a little tired of taking pics during the second half. They crowned Homecoming Queen at half-time. It was a predictable outcome, I think.

Ibeth and I walked back to my car after the game. I deliberately parked farther away so we'd have a quick exit out. We even left a little before the game ended so we could beat the crowd. However, as luck had it, someone had double parked behind me and I couldn't get around them! So we ended up waiting 15 minutes for them to come back. Sigh. Best laid plans...

On Saturday Ibeth and I went to Fayetteville to see a movie. We saw "Stepfather" (it was okay... we were both in the mood for a little suspense) and then had dinner at Chili's. It was nice to do something ordinary, yet... different. Why don't I do that more often?

Tomorrow we've got a scheduled work day without students. Some teachers are taking furlough time that they were given at the end of June. I have to work. Boo. But! I signed up for a massage at 11:00 am, so at least I'll get a little bit of relaxation. And my job is always easier when the students are out of the way...

No plans for Halloween. I was invited to a party, and I might go. I need a costume though. Captain Canuck? Would they get that?

I'll post again tomorrow. I promise. Whoops, maybe I shouldn't do that. Nah... I'll make it up to you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!!

P.S. Who doesn't know that I've got an Amazon wishlist? Plus an upcoming birthday... Wink wink, nudge, nudge. ;o) Just kidding!

No comments: