Sunday, September 6, 2009

On the mend!

The dreaded cold that threatened to ruin my weekend has stayed mostly at bay, mainly due (I'm sure) to all the Vit C and fluids I've been consuming over the last couple of days. My throat, while scratchy, hasn't gotten sore, and my foggy head is lifting. I've been sleeping on and off all day today, and probably will tomorrow. The extra rest should help.

On Friday evening, I accompanied my new friends to the housewarming of another teacher. Eventhough I was afraid it would be horrible not knowing anyone besides those I came with, I actually had a good time. There weren't a lot of people there, which was nice. We played a little Foosball, hung out, chatted and just made it a really enjoyable night. A great way to end a hard week at work!

Yesterday I jumped in the car and headed to Fayetteville for some shopping. I wasn't really looking for anything specific, but I managed to spend money anyway! Got some clothes and some more stuff for the apt. I was pretty wiped by the time I got back home, but I felt relaxed anyway!

I've got work to do before Tuesday... some grading and lesson planning. I'm trudging through it bit by bit. Don't want to save it all till the last minute, but I don't want to pour over it all day at the same time.

I think I've decided not to move or change suites in this complex. On Friday I was actually introduced to the woman that lived in my place before I came, and she confirmed that even though he is not exactly a light-treader and keeps odd hours, she eventually got used to him and I'm sure I will too. She said he's actually quite nice, which I'd probably find out for myself if I wanted. I know that the things that bothered me a couple weeks ago don't seem so agitating now. If the dogs are a problem again, I'll let my landlord know. And I'm sure I'm not the perfect neighbour, either. A vacant suite won't open again until later this month, and by then this whole thing might not seem like such a big deal.

Okay, I'm going to try and get a little bit more work done. For those who've asked... and those who haven't... I'll take more pictures over the next few days and put together another gallery for you all when I have some spare time. So sit tight -- the wait will not last forever!

Hope everyone's having a great long weekend!

2 comments:

Kimber said...

Oh, no! That's cruddy that you got the cold afterall, but good that you seem to be fighting it off. I'm glad you had a good time with your new buds. Looking forward to the new set of pics that are coming! I think it will make us feel as though we're there with you.

Hey, and Happy CANADIAN LaboUr Day!

Doug and Joan said...

Happy Labour Day. Hope you are enjoying your day off. Congrats on being snapshoted. A couple of ideas for dealing with your neighbour. Doug says to put the dog droppings at his door. My idea is to get a baby gate and put it across the opening so the dog can't come on your deck or you could have the man over for supper to talk things over (joking)!! The weather is really nice here today. Glad to hear you are meeting new people. Have a good week!