Sunday, September 27, 2009

Congratulations... It's a Chesterfield!

Hi everyone! A few of you have noticed that it's been a week since my last update. There are a few reasons. I was a tiring, hard, emotional week for me, and I didn't have a lot of time and energy to write home. I won't go into the frustrating details because I've cried it out already and I'm moving on. The good news is that the week ended better than it started, and I was very grateful for that. I was looking forward to a little R&R this weekend -- a slower pace would be nice. But I guess I had some leftover momentum, which is why I didn't post yesterday.

We're supposed to be getting some better weather this coming week -- more fall-like temperatures in the 60's and 70's. Of course, I say that now, but things will undoubtedly change as they usually do. I'm looking forward to the change of season. I imagine that parts of this region can be gorgeous in the fall. I know that my friends and family back in Winnipeg have been enjoying their past-due summer. Hopefully the fall doesn't lead into winter too soon for you!

Yesterday I attended that last of three seminar workshops. We worked through our lunch break and so we left earlier. I spent the rest of the afternoon with Ibeth, because she needed some help with a few things. We drove a few miles out of town to a furniture liquidation warehouse. I found it a few weeks ago when I was on my way back from Raleigh, and thought it might be a place to find some good deals. I must have been in a spending mood, because I purchased a chest of drawers and a new sofa -- or chesterfield -- for the living room. A little more comfortable than the futon I've been hanging out on, and now the place will look more like a home and less like a dormitory, I suppose. I'm planning on moving the futon upstairs for extra sleeping space. Looks like that will come in handy over the next several months, something that thrills me!

Last week I had my land-line phone connection set up. Since then I've discovered that there is a great long-distance service called TEL3Advantage that allows you to set up an account and purchase credit for LD minutes all over the world at terrific rates. I can call home to Canada (or anywhere in the US) for as little as 1.9 cents a minute. And the plan works from any phone I call from. Kind of like a calling card, I suppose. The plan works from Canada too, so if any of you make extended LD calls or do a fair amount of traveling, you might want to check it out. www.tel3advantage.com (and no, I'm not getting any sort of kick back for this plug!)

I had a great conversation last night with two of my best ladies from home -- almost a 4 hour call! I have no idea how the time went so fast! I feel bad that though they were the ones calling me, I ended up doing most of the talking. I hope they don't feel cheated -- they totally made my day with the call! I'll make it up to them in the new year when they make the epic trek down here for the inaugural visit. :o)

It's hard to believe it's almost October -- and that Christmas is only three months away! I should find a way to start a countdown on this blog... a timer or something like that. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year more than ever -- for obvious reasons.

Okay, I know that this post isn't nearly long enough to make up for my extended absence, but I do have to end it now or I'll probably just keep typing and typing and forget everything else that I was planning on doing today. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. Sometimes it can be hard to fit in an update when I'm really busy, but even when I don't, I'm still thinking about you and am feeling your spirits with me!

Enjoy the rest of Sunday! :o)

No comments: